I adapted this from a recipe on Grocery Shrink
Herb rub
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp pepper
I use 2 chickens for my family. Sunday morning, rinse the chicken(s) and rub all over with herb rub. Place in roasting pan... I place them breast down for a more juicy chicken, if you want them to look nice and have a crispy skin, you'll want to place them breast up. Put quartered potatatoes, onions and carrots around chickens (we use a LOT as certain members of our family eat thier weight in carrots). Again, I understand that not all of these veggies are friendly for every family. Use your family's favorite root veggies. Put in oven at 250-300 in the morning, and it will be done when you come home from church (about 3-4 hours). Yes, I regularly leave my oven unattended on Sunday mornings. Shoot me now LOL If you must, you can do this in the crock pot, but it really turns out tastier in the oven.
Scoop out the veggies, and put in a serving dish. Put chicken on serving platter, and serve with your salad bowl.
Trying the Sunday chicken today! Thanks for the idea.
ReplyDelete